deer hunting antler restriction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see it both ways. If I had my own place, or a nice lease, I'd probably manage the herd myself and be selective about which bucks I shot.

Hunting on public land? Well in the last five years I've got three shots (archery, BP, and rifle seasons). Two were does and one was a small buck. So out of five years of hard hunting and countless hours in the woods, I've spent 1-2 minutes with the opportunity to shoot a deer. I'd rather have the meat.

Abe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If an antler restriction were placed in effect what repercussions should be in place for those hunters that shot a buck under the point restriction? (say a young hunter shot a 5 point in a six point restriction)
could do more damage to the sport by criminalizing deer huntin.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the SE Oklahoma guys can start teaching their dogs to only run mature bucks and does. Antler restrictions will never work down there. They can't even enforce the current rules much less anything new you try to do.

Dont even get me started on the semi auto black powder guns they have in those parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom