Deer Lease Etiquette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had anything to do with any of my family in going on 30 years now. Don't get me wrong, it was the only decision I could come and still keep my sanity. Family is a complicated formula that is a combo of the square root of "I would die for you" multiplied by "I am gonna kill you and tell God you died" divided by "Let me give an arm and a leg for you" plus "If I catch you they will NEVER find your body".

I don't know what the answer to your problem is -- what I do know is you need to find that place in your heart that brings you peace.

Ponder your situation, decide what is gonna cause you the least amount of angst and go with that. If every response to your situation causes you stress, then you have some decisions to make, because let me tell you, some of us have family it is just not worth putting the effort into.

Only you can decide if your brother is worth the effort. If he is not, then you are gonna have to FORCE yourself to find that quiet spot in your brain that concedes that not every person has a decent moral code and those of us who do will just have to tolerate some **** in our day to day, let it go, and go on with our lives. Bottom line is find the solution that causes you the least drama and run with it.

Disappointed Bad News GIF by Vida

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had anything to do with any of my family in going on 30 years now. Don't get me wrong, it was the only decision I could come and still keep my sanity. Family is a complicated formula that is a combo of the square root of "I would die for you" multiplied by "I am gonna kill you and tell God you died" divided by "Let me give an arm and a leg for you" plus "If I catch you they will NEVER find your body".

I don't know what the answer to your problem is -- what I do know is you need to find that place in your heart that brings you peace.

Ponder your situation, decide what is gonna cause you the least amount of angst and go with that. If every response to your situation causes you stress, then you have some decisions to make, because let me tell you, some of us have family it is just not worth putting the effort into.

Only you can decide if your brother is worth the effort. If he is not, then you are gonna have to FORCE yourself to find that quiet spot in your brain that concedes that not every person has a decent moral code and those of us who do will just have to tolerate some **** in our day to day, let it go, and go on with our lives. Bottom line is find the solution that causes you the least drama and run with it.

Disappointed Bad News GIF by Vida
In his case, I go along to get along. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is who I am.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In his case, I go along to get along. Right, wrong, or indifferent, it is who I am.
Yep. Me, too. The thing that FINALLY caught my attention was something my mom said that made me realize she wasn't gonna be "happy" until I committed suicide. That way was she could be the ultimate victim. Just was what it was.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually see more deer from looking out of the windows in the house than I do from my deer stands. Only problem is my wife won’t let me hunt from the house.
Same here. Had 5 deer at the front yard feeder this evening, and will be there in the morning as well. I just sit on the front porch, sip my coffee and pick out names for them.
Burger, backstrap, tenderloin........

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Had 5 deer at the front yard feeder this evening, and will be there in the morning as well. I just sit on the front porch, sip my coffee and pick out names for them.
Burger, backstrap, tenderloin........
I tell my wife they sure look tasty!! And I call them breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom