Despite Unfair Tax Burden, Warren Buffett's Secretary Was Able To Buy a Second Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the point wasn't how much she made, but that she paid more in taxes on what she made than her boss did on what he made.

I don't recall anyone saying she was paying too much or that she couldn't afford to live, just that she was paying a higher percentage than he was.

nope its not what she and he paid in cash amounts its the difference in percentage rates they paid.
if he paid 15% of 40 million than he would ahve paid somewhere in the range of 6 million
if she paid 20% of $200000 than she would have paid like $20,000 and thats a wopping difference than the news twist the kenyian is playing.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What "heavy" and "unfair" tax burden?

The media needs to choke itself...as do all the people who don't understand that the tax code and think that Mitt Romney and Warren Buffett are taking advantage of some secret "1%'er" tax advantage.

All of us sitting right here can "take advantage" of the capital gains tax, too....and increasing it in the name of "fairness" will hurt all of the normal folk way more than it will impact the wealthy.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When do the poor pay their "fair share"?
I mean if they have no skin in the game, no vested interest, why should they care what happens to this country.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the point Buffet made, but BO has spun it into the "little guy" needing a tax break....

And some on here are going along with it.

The "little guy" doesn't even pay that much taxes. They may pay in over the course of the year, but then manage to get most if not all of it back.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When do the poor pay their "fair share"?
I mean if they have no skin in the game, no vested interest, why should they care what happens to this country.

exactly. if they are poor they should get a job, or three. and because they are poor, they obviously don't have any ambition, so they shouldn't be allowed to vote or have any say in government. obviously they don't care what happens to the country, they just freeload in the country with their poorness, they don't have any intent of living in it.

don't be fooled by buffett or gates saying billionaires should pay more taxes. that is pro-poor pandering by the welfare lobby. we have to stand up against obama for the billionaires, or us regular people will be next.

first, they came for the billionaires
and i said nothing, because i was not a billionaire.
then, they came for the millionaires
and i said nothing, becuase i was not a millionaire.
then they came for me

if you love american you protect its job creators like buffett and gates.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2100-square-foot four-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath property for $144,000? Holy sheesh, houses near downtown midtown are nearly double and triple the price for that. Heck my house is only a 2 bedroom with 1200 square feet and I paid about that same amount for my house just north of midtown.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2100-square-foot four-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath property for $144,000? Holy sheesh, houses near downtown midtown are nearly double and triple the price for that. Heck my house is only a 2 bedroom with 1200 square feet and I paid about that same amount for my house just north of midtown.

Phoenix has had a massive crash in their home market -- one of the largest in the nation because of the huge oversupply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom