Destiny...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Webster's defines destiny as...

1 : something to which a person or thing is destined : fortune <wants to control his own destiny>
2 : a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency

We've all heard the old saying, "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was."

I had done a trade with Okie98 back in October of 2008. I traded him a 2nd gen Glock 23 for a Smith & Wesson J frame, model 38 Airweight "Bodyguard" on a FTF in McAlester.

When I first saw the little humpback, I thought it was the ugliest little thing I had ever seen. "Wait until you fire it" were Al's very words. Boy was HE right! :ooh2:

It was the best J frame I had ever fired. It's uniqueness (is that even a real word? :scratch:) is that you can fire it single action to get used to the recoil and find your sights. Once you do that, you can go to double action and your patterns hardly change, if at all. Plus, with it's humped back, you can get a higher hold on it, making it an axle and extension of your arm, hence lowering recoil that the Airweights are famous for.

Since the trade, I carried that little Jaybird for over a year and a half, on and off duty...

Every. Single. Day.

Most off you will recall, back in March, I got this idea, notion, desire, whatever, to be an ALL Glock man. So, I traded my recently acquired (at that time) Smith & Wesson model 36 "Chief's Special" along with my CONSTANT companion, my model 38 Airweight "Bodyguard" for a G35 and an OD G27.

Not a bad trade, mind you. ;)

Anyway...

I traded the pair of Jaybirds to a friend of mine who said...and I quote..."I'll probably sell this one (the model 36) but I kinda like this little humpback."

So, I'm thinking, "ok, fine. If I decide I want it back, at least I know where it is."

A week later, I start missing my little pocket gun and ask him about it.

"Oh, I sold that little feller at the last gunshow."

:scream:

Oh well...life goes on, I guess. :cry3:

And it did. Since then, I sold/traded off both Glocks I traded the J frames for. I'm not gonna bore you with the details and the list of weapons that have went thru my fingers since then, but it numbers around eight or ten different firearms. :faint:

Yes...I have a problem. :ugh2:

Anyway, Friday night, I see that surjimmy has a model 38 Airweight Bodyguard for sale. Curious, I PM him and ask him what the prefix of the serial number is.

He tells me the entire number.

IT'S MY OLD BODYGUARD! :w000t:

Yep! It was like finding my grown child I had given up for adoption, long lost brother, whatever! I missed that revolver so much, it's serial number was etched in my brain!

So, I call him on the phone, tell him he has my gun. He asks me the story behind it and who I sold it to. He chuckles and says, "yeah, that's who I got it from at a gunshow. We had a table next to each other, got to talkin' shop and did a little tradin'."

Today we met up and I traded him a G27 for MY Bodyguard.

It is back in my front pocket as I type this.

Now...I'm not quite certain, but I coulda swore I heard a very audible sigh of relief when that little feller slipped inside my pocket, and I could be wrong, but I thought I heard a voice say, "Mmmmmm, yyyyyeeesssss home! :woohoo1:

I always said I would tote that little guy forever. I don't know what in the hell got into me when I traded it, but by God, it has come back home to me and with me it's gonna by God stay! :thumb:

It's DESTINY I tell ya! DESTINY!!! :rubhands:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know in a few months when you want to sell it. My wife told me to buy a pocket gun because she hates me carrying that G23 on my hip everyday. She wants me to go back to my "cute" clothes that I wore before I carried. HA!

I'm ready to buy when you're ready to sell ;)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know in a few months when you want to sell it. My wife told me to buy a pocket gun because she hates me carrying that G23 on my hip everyday. She wants me to go back to my "cute" clothes that I wore before I carried. HA!

I'm ready to buy when you're ready to sell ;)

Yeah, you really do need to wear your cute clothes, you ol' lady killer you. :naughty:

But you ain't gettin' my Bodyguard. :hellno:

Now Will You Just Hold On To It!!!

Scout's honor and pinky swear, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye! :selfangel

You are a funny dude GED...... I mean that in a good way.....no really I do.:pms2:

Uh...thank ya...thank ya very much!

[Broken External Image]

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the feeling, it has happened to me a couple of times with members here on OSA. Not that me and my guns were all that close. :kiss:
But, I have traded so many guns that sometimes I get one back through a different member. Kind of funny.
Glad you got your baby back. :comfort: