DHS misrepresents number of children abused and neglected in state custody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After our recent experience with the DHS foster system, this doesn't surprise me at all. Out of all of the DHS people we dealt with only one of them seemed to give a darn and be somewhat capable.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some good people that do work for DHS, but in my humble opinion the system needs major, severe and immediate reform.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember back in the 80s, the kid in Marlow who finally shot his grandfather after he and siblings suffered years of abuse at their grandfather's hand? Everybody in town (and DHS) knew what was going on. No one lifted a finger to help those kids. THEN IIRC they charged the young man with manslaughter.

WTF is wrong with people??

If there was ever an agency that needs to be "reworked" it is DHS ... I'm sure that there are some good employees in there somewhere ... it must be a nightmare for those folks.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was married I did foster care for about a year. You think that system is broke on the outside you need to see the way it operates on the inside. I met alot of nice people that really cared but that place is a friggin joke.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there was ever an agency that needs to be "reworked" it is DHS ... I'm sure that there are some good employees in there somewhere ... it must be a nightmare for those folks.

That's exactly it. My wife works there, she's a dedicated, caring employee who always does the right thing, but the DHS system as a whole needs some serious polishing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom