Disappointing gun show yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, yesterday i went to a gun show in Wichita. I only live about 8 miles from the Kansas state line & a friend of mine from up there had been bugging me for 2 weeks about wanting to go to this gun show, so i agreed, it was an RK Show.
Waste of my morning. They billed it as the largerst gun show in Kansas, & if it is a true statement; then its very sad. Not even 1 room full at Century II, maybe 200 tables, I was done in 1.5 hours & I didn't see a thing there that caught my attention. I did get a couple boxes of 8mm mauser ammo though.
What really was pathetic, cost $12 admission. More expensive to enter than the big Tulsa show yet so sparse & disappointing.

We went to Cabelas after lunch & i spent more time there looking at reloading supplies & ammo than at the entire gun show.
Ok, my rant is over, i feel better, now i just gotta save & wait for Tulsa in November.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love em! I always see something I hadn't seen before, it in a long time. Usually see someone I know and have a good conversation. They are especially enjoyable if I have the pleasure of taking a grandson.

What else can you do on a Saturday morning for ten bucks and see a room full of firearms. Some are better than others, sure. And remember, being in a gun show, is like meeting most of the OSA members all at once!

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm different than most. I've spent more on dumber stuff than $12 to kill a few hours and have the chance at stumbling upon something killer cool. Ya never know unless you go.
I also put that up there with "is it worth going to". I'm guessing most here are all looking for different stuff...so its all relative.

I do miss the days of fewer vendors and more private party, but there's still lots of cool stuff and deals to be found.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love em! I always see something I hadn't seen before, it in a long time. Usually see someone I know and have a good conversation. They are especially enjoyable if I have the pleasure of taking a grandson.

What else can you do on a Saturday morning for ten bucks and see a room full of firearms. Some are better than others, sure. And remember, being in a gun show, us like meeting most of the OSA members all at once!

Try going out to the 45th Infantry Division Museum near North MLK and 36th street. Lots and lots of guns and it only costs what you might want to donate.

45th Infantry Division Museum

Each thumbnail image takes you inside the gallery to see all the photos.

I need to get back there now that we are back in Oklahoma for a while.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the Buchanan show also. I have been several times, and it gets larger each time. I like the venue. Easy to get to, good lighting, etc. and 5$ is a good number. Tables are $10, so that should make some potential dealers quit complaining about cost, and give it a try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom