Disappointing gun show yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to a number of gunshows around the state of oklahoma. I always see someone I know and haven't seen in a while.
Whats a few dollars to pay to go in a gunshow?
. There is no guarantees that the gunshow is going to be packed or that you will see anything you may want.
Kind of like a movie you see the promos on and you think man im going to go see that.
Then you go to the movie theater, buy your ticket, big coke & popcorn. Make your way to a seat, set down, stuff your face and watch the movie. Then half way through the movie you realize, THIS MOVIE SUCKS. No guarantees. Its happened to all of us one time or another.
I've been to big gunshows and small gunshows .I like them all. I do like the smaller shows better myself. But thats just me.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try going out to the 45th Infantry Division Museum near North MLK and 36th street. Lots and lots of guns and it only costs what you might want to donate.

45th Infantry Division Museum

Each thumbnail image takes you inside the gallery to see all the photos.

I need to get back there now that we are back in Oklahoma for a while.

That's on my bucket list of places to visit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, yesterday i went to a gun show in Wichita. I only live about 8 miles from the Kansas state line & a friend of mine from up there had been bugging me for 2 weeks about wanting to go to this gun show, so i agreed, it was an RK Show.
Waste of my morning. They billed it as the largerst gun show in Kansas, & if it is a true statement; then its very sad. Not even 1 room full at Century II, maybe 200 tables, I was done in 1.5 hours & I didn't see a thing there that caught my attention. I did get a couple boxes of 8mm mauser ammo though.
What really was pathetic, cost $12 admission. More expensive to enter than the big Tulsa show yet so sparse & disappointing.

We went to Cabelas after lunch & i spent more time there looking at reloading supplies & ammo than at the entire gun show.
Ok, my rant is over, i feel better, now i just gotta save & wait for Tulsa in November.
Do you reload for that 8mm?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's on my bucket list of places to visit.

There's an RV Park very nearby. Within just a couple of miles or so. There is so much to see that even an all day event might not let you look at everything that closely. I've even got more pictures that I haven't posted yet from other trips to the museum.

Pictures don't do justice because while they allow photography, they don't allow us to use flash.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an RV Park very nearby. Within just a couple of miles or so. There is so much to see that even an all day event might not let you look at everything that closely. Pictures don't do justice because while they allow photography, they don't allow us to use flash.
We are only 1 1/2 hours away. I'm in OKC all the time, but your right, it may take two trips.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going to gun shows years ago. I used to love going when you could pick up Milsurp rifles cheap. Many had been Bubba sportized and I always enjoyed turning them into nice custom rifles. Once I found a Jap Type 38 carbine the Chinese had converted to 7.62x39 but someone had butchered the stock and the difference in cartridge length meant that sometimes it did not feed well. I put a nice laminated stock on it and carved a wood spacer for the magazine so that it fed smooth. Times got bad in the construction field, I was layed off and I had to sell it and several others which I really wish I still had.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you reload for that 8mm?

Not yet.
Its one of those that i may take out to shoot a few rounds thru just a couple times a year. I dont have enough brass collected yet to think about rolling out my own 8mm yet.
Its even been several years since i put together any 303 British.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not yet.
Its one of those that i may take out to shoot a few rounds thru just a couple times a year. I dont have enough brass collected yet to think about rolling out my own 8mm yet.
Its even been several years since i put together any 303 British.
Just curious. I was gifted some 8mm projectiles a couple of years ago and was willing to pass them along to someone that reloads them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom