Divorce really is the gift that keeps on giving!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get an amen and hell yeah from me I had a real sonofabitch at one time, he got kicked to the curb and lost his parental rights. I didn't want anything or get anything but away and that was good enough.
Don't ever ***** about paying child support though, they are your children, you made them and you should want to move the moon and stars for them, and if you don't then you suck anyway, don't worry about and get all bent out of shape with what your ex does with the money , all that is doing is keeping you tied up in knots and giving your ex power and control over you. (unless your kids are going without then its up for the courts to switch it around. Just document and protect yourself)..

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before this this thing dies, I used to work at the VA in OKC and one day this guy comes in that I knew in the AF and he retired and went through a divorce and was paying child support on that first wife and then he tells me he remarried and adopted the new wife's kids and they divorced and he's paying double child support. i'm not sure if he wanted sympathy or someone to shoot him but I'd suspect he was living in a cardboard box somewhere in the woods. The guy was a fool x2!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm fixing to probably "give in" to more of my ex's "threats", because I'm not completely stupid...if I go head to head with her in court, I know I have about a 97% chance of getting screwed BAD! So I think I'll just let her think she's still winning...

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm fixing to probably "give in" to more of my ex's "threats", because I'm not completely stupid...if I go head to head with her in court, I know I have about a 97% chance of getting screwed BAD! So I think I'll just let her think she's still winning...
You should at least talk to an attorney. Many of them offer a free initial consultation. My ex and I agreed to an amicable divorce with no lawyers involved. Thirteen years later, I cannot even speak to my child on the phone because her mother has call blocked my number. I have NO legal recourse now because visitation was never mentioned in our "amicable" DIY divorce decree. I will need a court order to even speak to my child. I will have to engage a lawyer in the state my child dwells in to make that happen. Don't make the mistake I made--you need legal advice, and you probably need legal representation. And, for what it's worth, I have never missed a child support payment. I recently lost my job of 16 years and had to take a lower paying job, so my child support amount was reduced. That reduction pissed off my ex and she has cut-off all communication between my daughter and I. And because I wanted to be a nice guy, there is nothing I can do about that now except undertake a legal action. You have to decide what is important to you. If you want to be a part of your children's lives, you must protect yourself--and this means getting all your concerns codified in a court order. I wish you luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom