Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

i.imgur.com_eidq2.png

rofl!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do--it's my birthday after all. When I tell people that Halloween IS my birthday, sometimes someone will say that that explains a lot about me, but I really don't understand what they're driving at there.:hbd:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
As kids come up the door and my wife hands out candy, I watch them on the security cameras and scream through the intercom. The little bastards jump. Hopefully one will pee themselves and my work will be done.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through a gigantic bowl of candy within 2 hours. I handed out double amounts to kids that actually said "trick or treat", which was maybe half of them.

Also had several ringing the doorbell after the porch light went off. As kids, we always knew that meant they weren't handing out candy at all/any more and skipped those houses. Don't parents teach their kids how to trick or treat any more?

Two additional things:

1. Always keep a random type of sugary candy in the bowl. We got down to the last bits, which were Baby Ruth and Butterfingers so I was asking the kids which one they wanted. One kid replied "I can't have either, I'm allergic to peanuts." So I had to fetch out some Gummy Mummies from the daughter's goodie bag from her grandma.

2. We ran out of candy and our daughter got back and without hesitation she said "we need more candy!" and grabbed a couple of handfuls of her own loot to throw into the candy bowl. Really proud of her generosity there.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went through a gigantic bowl of candy within 2 hours. I handed out double amounts to kids that actually said "trick or treat", which was maybe half of them.

Also had several ringing the doorbell after the porch light went off. As kids, we always knew that meant they weren't handing out candy at all/any more and skipped those houses. Don't parents teach their kids how to trick or treat any more?

Nope. I sent my 2 year old out to fend for herself while I sparked up a J and listened to to Al Green.

Latest posts

Top Bottom