Do you remember the BB machine gun that ran on Freon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering how much damage I did back in the day with a single shot, single pump bb gun it's probably a good thing I didn't have the option of full auto.

A few years ago I picked up one of these guys though
View attachment 38232

Umarex Steel Storm, powered by a pair of 12g CO2 cartridges. Strangely enough my 9 year old son isn't impressed with it, but every adult who tries it out wants to know where they can get one for themselves...

I saw one of those advertised a few days ago, I'd go broke buying BB's and CO2 cartridges. I suspect they'll sell a kajillion of them.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peter Hathaway Capstick wrote an story about the Freon one. It's in one of his books, just can't remember right off which one. According to him, it looked line a solid copper brazing rod between the gun and the target. He came close to a run-in with the Coast Guard, had it on a seat in his boat. CG stopped him, held him at gunpoint. Once the scary stuff was over, every CG sailor onthe boat ended up shooting it.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one in the mid 80s, about went broke buying BBs and freon. Not sure where it ended up, sure I loaned it out and it never came home. Now thats gonna bug me for a while trying to remember who borrowed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom