Dove hunting results this season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5 of us got 31 birds last night we got there late, and only had an hour to shoot. We came up over the pond dam, and there must have been 50 or so that flew off. I think if we get there earlier it will be easy to get a limit if one can shoot good enough.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got a limit last night... and by limit, I mean for the WHOLE season combined I have shot one limit. Not many birds here in the SE, but I can step out into the horse pasture behind the house and shoot 4 or 5 a night.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well today was almost a bust for my brother and i. between both of us we got 5. we would have had 6 but i lost one in a grassy field with trees mixed into it. we are going out again sunday with my dad in the evening. we went to 2 different fields and the 1st one we saw 1 dove as we were leaving, the 2nd had maybe 25 or so, i just couldnt shoot for **** lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing today. Dove everywhere in the northern counties I was in.
I'm thinking they are from the north, coming down to Ok with the cold front.

Too many pot holes of water to be hunting a pond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom