Drop Cloth tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Figgered id post it here so we can learn together.

Anyone ever make a treated drop cloth tent? Ive been thinking about it for years. Im wanting a "bakers tent" and I wanna do it on the cheap. Mainly to see if I like the style enough. Another reason, Bakers tents and wall tents tend to be expensive and heavy. I like cheap and light.

Ive even thought about sewing some cheap blue tarps together and sealing the seems.

Anyways, post up some thoughts, ideas or jeez cheap azz ur stupid comments.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to look up "bakers tent" never heard em called that. I like the idea, i just dont see how you'd make it light yet sturdy enough for Oklahomas bipolar weather swings?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes light canvas treated with thompsons water seal or even the cheap blue tarps. I dont expect anything heavy duty. Just light inclimate weather and heavy dew. Kinda just easy summer time camping or fishin trip. If I really like the style, id spring for a HD one.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... don't they have to treat those outfitter tents regularly to keep them waterproof? Seems like this is just an extension of that. Lemme go look while I'm waiting on the Percocet to start working ... brb ...

Well, Thompson's is not recommended ... check this out ...

http://outfitterssupply.blogspot.com/2006/08/waterproofing-canvas-wall-tent.html

Check out the comments ... one guy made his own waterproof my mixing white gasoline and canning wax ... there are some pretty interesting comments ...

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit using the blue tarps for that and got green ones instead. The blue tarps jacked with my vision too much when coming out into the light. I used a special waterproof duct tape that will hold just about anything under any conditions. We don't call them bakers tents but wall tents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom