drop point skinner in Ivory Micarta and s35vn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
finished one up for a fellow on a different forum I frequent, if he wants it. I Know what the vn in cmps35vn stands for....very naughty, I had to work fast on this one to get it straightened out of heat treat with a little warp-age and the darn tool wrap was stuck to the blank also. Any way it turned out good in spite of the initial problems I had, never a dull moment. I have a couple more interesting ones in the mill for this weekend, I will post them here so if interested just check this post hopefully I will get two more done.

8 1/4 total inches of 5/32" thick cmps35vn
blade is 3 3/4" long first bevel was full flat grind down to .015" the thinest I would ever recommend going before heat treat.
handle is Ivory Micarta with nickel silver bolster 9 1/16" pins, a copper and nickel silver Mosaic and NS lanyard tube, handle has blue liners and file work is back filled with blue epoxy "cant see from Pic's looks black? ".

Last edited:

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go figure I really liked the ivory micarta Loveless skinner? anyway here is a couple more, I'm on fire this weekend

9" total length
blade is 4 1/16" long 3/16" thick s30v stainless, handle and bolster makes up the other 4 and 15/16
handle is blue stabilized pine cone with orange g-10 liners a couple Mosaic's and lanyard tube. I was going to change the shape of the handle from the sketch but it feels good so I didn't.

9.5" total lenght
4 3/8" blade made from 5/32" Alabama Damascus
handle is a little of this and a little of that, I do not know what the wood is, stabilized something, red part is linen micarta, end is elk horn. There is some nickle silver and brass thrown in here and there...lol.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
9" total length
blade is 4 1/16" long 3/16" thick s30v stainless, handle and bolster makes up the other 4 and 15/16
handle is blue stabilized pine cone with orange g-10 liners a couple Mosaic's and lanyard tube. I was going to change the shape of the handle from the sketch but it feels good so I didn't.

The humpback blade isn't my taste, but that handle and spine work is amazing. Awesome!

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been putting this off for a while, I was worried about working with such thin steel but really it wasn't much difference. I'm about 90% happy with this one its a little stiffer than I wanted, but I was dead set on a fillet knife that would hold an edge so I went for 58-59 hrc on this one, its stiffer then my 8.00 wall mart knife about the same as my kitchen fillet knives.

11 1/4" total
6 1/8" blade made from 1/16" stock thickness 440c
handle is black and green g-10 with 416 stainless bolster simple nickel silver pins and lanyard tube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom