Dud Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am currently sitting on about 380 rounds of .308 surplus. It looks like it got wet at some point, and makes a "click" when you pull the trigger, instead of the more generally accepted "bang". I've had 2 rounds that decided they would fire, and the rest out of the 2 boxes have been duds. What do I do with it now? Is the brass/bullets worth anything to a reloader, or is it too much of a hassle to take them apart, deprime, etc.?

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you relaod then pulling the pullets with one of those inertia bullet pullers will not damage th bullet. I would pull the bullets, discard the powder, carefully deprime the cases and relaod them with my favorite recipe using the original bullets.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From experience....if the bullets are lacquered in the cases....you may need to give them a really good whack with the inertia puller but you can do it.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the bullets are lacquered or sealed into the case mouth you can break the seal bu using your seating die adjusted to seat bthe bullet about a milimeter deeper - I assume that the case mouth is not heavilly crimped into the bullet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom