Dumb, Newbie question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok cool thank you, and ive also heard you can use the same brass about 3 times...I dont know if thats a myth or not, but maybe theres some truth to it from the "wear and tear"... Ide like to start.

A lot of that depends on how hot your loads are. I have 38 special cowboy brass that's been reloaded upwards of 15 times now without showing signs of failure. Very light loads thought. my 300WM brass gets about 7 reloads before it it so brittle I won't trust it any more.

45 ACP, I go until is dies. Some have been as high as 30 reloads. some crater after 2.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok cool thank you, and ive also heard you can use the same brass about 3 times...I dont know if thats a myth or not, but maybe theres some truth to it from the "wear and tear"... Ide like to start.

I've got some .40 S&W that has been reloaded so many times, I've quit counting.
Every so often, a final inspection will show a cracked case, so it goes into the recycle bucket.
As has been said, bottle shaped centerfire brass typically has a shorter life span than straight wall brass.
You can anneal the rifle brass in the neck area to extend its life span.

Latest posts

Top Bottom