Economic Wake up Call!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all need to be sure and keep this discussion on the “light” side, because if it starts to delving into real issues and heads to the deep end of the pool, it will be shut down. Substantial discussions seem to be taboo on here now.:rolleyes2

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I laugh because most folks these days do not understand that there is no such thing as free money.

Just what do folks think is going to happen when you shut the country down for a year, pay people more to not work than they made working, hand out billions to most everyone in the country, including the pork and fat of the personal interest of those in washington on the hill passing these "relief bills".

The nations money supply in circulation has doubled since Feb 2021, people still will not go back to work, renters still do not have to pay rent and can not be evicted, gas is at $3 a gallon, lumber prices and other commodities are through the
roof seeing upwards of 300% increase in retail pricing in a year.

I could go on, but whats the point, only comfort I take is that the left is going to get hosed just as bad as the rest of us. They voted for this ****, they can wade through it like everyone else.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting difference between now and Carter years inflation is CDs were paying north of 18%. Now, the real inflation number is heating up and CDs are paying almost zero.
exactly..... and our national debt ratio to gdp was much different then. i like to think of all of this money printing as just an easy tax on americas wealth. i read a post from a cattleman in south america that just sold his calves for 1.30 per pound live weight. i thought it extremely interesting that his price per kilogram was quoted and paid for in US dollars.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m on a fixed budget, so I’m sure it will take some creativity to make it. All you have to do is watch the prices at the pump. In the last 10 years now (may be more), the magic price for gas is $3/gallon. This seems to be the middle ground for everyone and everything. $3 is not astronomically high for us commuters, yet not so much that it makes everything we buy besides gas, go through the roof and we can still afford them, while still being high enough that the CEOs and other rich folks are still making a profit and won’t gouge us too hard.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a sailboat, I would recommend it when gas goes up. Its doesn't use a lot. Actually my outboard quit so I am even sailing in and out of the harbor. If somebody has a small outboard for sale I would be interested.

Got $20?

boat motor 1.jpg
boat motor 2.jpg
boat motor 3.jpg
boat mtor 4.jpg

It ran 40 years ago. Needs new gas line and pull rope. Probably carb clean and gaskets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom