Edc Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have beat up a CRKT Drifter for the last two years. It catches hell almost every day but still stays razor sharp with a little touch up once in a while. I like it because it is big enough to handle EDC stuff and small enough to clip in a hip pocket and go unnoticed.

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand made by Joel Chamblin:
ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b357_P97_MyKnife.jpg

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like CRKT stuff but realized that some are Made in China and some are made in USA. Does anyone know how they differentiate which are made where?

BC

I just look on the blade. Not sure if they annotate it on the packaging. On the CRKT website I have not found anywhere where they clearly say blades made in Taiwan or China etc etc. Looking in their catalog I do not see any annotation as well.

v1k1, i had the tip break off of my crkt too during one of the many times i used it as a pry bar. i've been getting the point back a little each time that i sharpen it.

Yup, using it as a pry bar was the same mistake I made. Using it for something it wasn't intended for has that result. :slap: I learned my lesson.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like CRKT stuff but realized that some are Made in China and some are made in USA. Does anyone know how they differentiate which are made where?

BC

My M16-14DSFG says Made in China on the box.

Not a bad knife, but their marketing "FOR PROFESSIONAL USE" is ridiculous.

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wanted to buy that SOG Flash II that was for sale in the classidfieds a couple weeks ago but as usual was too late.

Are SOG's made in USA?

BC

I believe some models are and some are not. They have a factory in the US, but it may be for assembly. Blade is AUS8, seems decent. Mine isn't marked one way or the other, neither is the box or paperwork.

I like the knife, I don't like that taking it apart voids the warranty, which I prmptly did within the first 30 minutes of owning it.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have a flash II.. i carried it for about a month before i broke it. i guess i was too hard on it cause now the blade moves about 1/8" when it's in the open position. it kinda made me lose my faith on the sog folders... the fixed blades are superb as far as i've seen so far with my gov-tac.

Latest posts

Top Bottom