Efficacy of 300 blackout for SD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some heavy 220gr for subsonic zeroed in at 50 yds. I also have some 150gr soft point more for hunting longer distance. I wouldn’t want to be hit with either one.
I know it is capable of stopping the threat. The question I wonder is could it pass through and possibly injure a family member or an innocent person.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it is capable of stopping the threat. The question I wonder is could it pass through and possibly injure a family member or an innocent person.
This is why I like the 5.56/.223 rifle and the 55-Vmax never had one exit a deer.
That 200gr cast going sub sonic is sometimes hard to stop.
One good way to test your bullet would be to save a neck and head off a harvested deer or hog.

Shoot it with the round you wish to use and see the results.

As for me and shooting a perp in my house or somewhere else with a rifle.
Pick your shot be accurate with your weapon.
It would be pretty odd to have people in line with the perp that you plan on shooting and if you are in that situation I say take the head shot.

Heck it's a rifle if you can't place it in between the eyes at close range you need more practice.
That is my take on it.

In my house if a perp enters it the wife will be on the ground or she will be shooting the perp also.

I wonder how many innocent people actually die from over penetration.
I would bet innocents die from a bad/misplaced or stray shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom