Electric smokers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had all the big names and love my Traeger but I learned the ropes on my Masterbuilt and loved hearing stories from competitions where the big names had their hidden Masterbuilt Smokers for their own food or a reliable way to get their meat smoked enough for a competition.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a smoke-it brand original analog size 2 for about 10 years. Hundreds of items smoked. Set it and forget it till my meat temp sensor beeps. Zero problems still in excellent condition.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old Traeger and a Masterbuilt and like both of them I installed a Smoke Daddy cold smoker on the Masterbuilt for extra smoke It works great

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a masterbuilt that I bought used. It works great. Mine is the smaller size, and it won’t hold a full rack of ribs, I have to cut them in half. Also, it can difficult to get good smoke when it’s hot outside and the heating unit doesn’t cycle often. I use a smoke tube with wood pellets and have had great results.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son bought 2 from Sam's. $300 each. 5 years ago. I have no idea what brand. He used them on food truck. His son and son-in-law, both bought one.
Son bought a pellet smoker, couple years ago. Uses the electrics more, though.

I use charcoal. Looked at the Sam's electric, but never switched.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a report a couple of days ago that said someone (GE?) is supposed to be introducing a "countertop electric smoker" at CES next week. They said it was supposed to be a pellet smoker, about dorm fridge size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom