Electricity Conservation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got two emails today from Alfalfa County Electric encouraging people to turn up their thermostats, turn off light, and postpone using stoves, washers/dryers, and dishwashers until evening. I have a hard time taking stuff like this seriously when the .gov crowd is steadily trying to force feed electric cars to us.

Until the guy that owns a Tesla quits charging his car, I’m going to dang well set my thermostat on what I want and cook and wash clothes when I need to. :rolleyes2

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got two emails today from Alfalfa County Electric encouraging people to turn up their thermostats, turn off light, and postpone using stoves, washers/dryers, and dishwashers until evening. I have a hard time taking stuff like this seriously when the .gov crowd is steadily trying to force feed electric cars to us.

Until the guy that owns a Tesla quits charging his car, I’m going to dang well set my thermostat on what I want and cook and wash clothes when I need to. :rolleyes2
You Rebel you! lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Alfalfa County Coop is struggling to keep up, the rest of the grid is in serious serious trouble. They don't hardly serve anyone in comparison to OGE. 9,350 customers vs 889,000.
The irony to me is that there was no mention of a person not charging their electric car, but to be honest, I’d be shocked if there’s more an a half dozen electric vehicles in the ACE service area.🤣

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m really just talking out my @ss, because I’m 500 miles away with my thermostat is set on 85*.🤣

85*?!? We don’t even let it get that warm in the winter, much less in the summer.
74* during the day and 72* at night when we’re sleeping.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
85*?!? We don’t even let it get that warm in the winter, much less in the summer.
74* during the day and 72* at night when we’re sleeping.
I set it on 85 in the summer when I’m not there and 78 when I am, and in the winter, I set the heat on 50 when I’m not there and 68 when I am.

We run ours here in TX on 78 and 68 too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom