Engine Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, this would be a good option. And guaranteed to clear the rush hour traffic.

1f7c27d98a07e4be32929c4768f8d01d.jpg

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a v8 car and then spend time driving it and upgrading it. Your idea is a huge project. So many big projects are started and never finished. You see those big projects all over craigslist for sale for pennies on the dollar. Buying a running v8 car may be cheaper in the long run too.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Already have the suspension and brakes set up. I'm looking for one of the engines out of the Lincoln navigators. 5.4 4v, supposedly it's the same block that's in the GT500's and you can get a supercharger that bolts right on too. One would think the GT500 add-ons should go on as well?
They share the fact that they're an iron block 5.4. You can get a supercharger for it but if you want to use a gt500 supercharger, you would have to use different heads as navigator heads have a different intake port design. Front drive accessories are different.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have swapped many engines into places they never been. Look at the sumps on both engines measure the exhaust width.. motor mount locations radiator set back.
the list goes on and on.
A hammer a torch and welder you can fit almost any engine where it hasn't been.

Never done your swap but I will bet it is easier than a 350 buick into a mustang II.
Yea I did that.
Buicks are super wide compared to the tiny Ford 302.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mod motors all use the same motor mount and these have the same exhaust port design, but the angle will be different, you could probably make GT exhaust work without much of a problem, getting it in there is no challenge at all, there will be nothing to fab or anything, it will bolt in. The issue is that ford makes their late model engines very difficult to retrofit and without an entire v8 harness, it's probably going to be a *****.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at just changing to a GT set up in it. That would be easy easier. I thought I found a donor car, but the guy and I are still a little apart on the price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom