Enhanced Elk and Pronghorn drawing this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want to lay odds I’ll never get drawn even with this new system?
There are quite a few with the same points but nobody has more.
Been applying for 38 years.
I'm right behind you, Dennis. I've got 26 points for elk. I apparently missed applying in 2020. I'm not terribly surprised. 2020 was a terrible year ... almost as bad as 2022.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How many remember when it was NOT a once-in-a-lifetime? It wasn't, when it first began. I know a fellow who drew in twice before they changed the rules.
I know two guys who've gone 2x, both got nice bulls both times. The same guy that was telling me how many no shows there were on his hunt earlier this season said there was guy that was there in his early 80's, and been putting in since the first year.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many remember when it was NOT a once-in-a-lifetime? It wasn't, when it first began. I know a fellow who drew in twice before they changed the rules.
I got drawn for a cow tag 20 years ago. That was the last year it was once every ten years. Waited ten years and now I’m 10 points deep trying to draw a bull. Honestly I woulda never settled for a cow had it been once a lifetime back then. I woulda held out for a bull.

Admittedly I’ve been pretty fortunate in the draws. I drew my once a lifetime pronghorn last year after 25 years. Just keep plugging away and hope it happens again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom