Eotech Battery leaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about getting my first eotech site, EXPS3 with the magnifier. It uses the 123 battery.

Do the CR123 batteries have a reputation for leaking. I've read some horror stories about battery leakage damage. I don't know if it is primarily with those flat thin N style batteries or all batteries in general.

Is battery leakage damage also a problem with aimpoint red dot scopes too? I've never owned one these either.

Thanks

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I have heard of or know of. I have a couple of both mfg's that you mention and both mfg's on different rifles that I own and shoot have performed flawlessly.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's more so more consumer oriented batteries (AA, AAA, C/D cells) , N style typically don't leak, but yes CR123's could. Also, if you stick with certain brand batteries, they guarantee they wont, and replace/refund the cost of devices if it does happen (Duracell is one if I remember). Maglite does the same, if its damaged by recommended batteries, they'll cover it.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lithium batteries don't leak like an alkaline battery. I am not a battery expert but I believe lithium ion batteries all contain a protective circuit of sorts to prevent issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom