Ever been ticketed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever been ticketed by a gamewarden. My dad didnt know rifle season was only open for the first 9 days on public land, so the last day he was hunting and I guess (unaware to him) the GW seen his truck and looked inside and seen a rifle case, and was going to wait on him and give him a ticket. The GW got a call and had to leave, so a couple of days ago GW calls my dad, I guess he ran his tag and somehow got his phone number. The GW informs him that public land is closed to rifle hunting after the first 9 days and tells him he was going to ticket him and it would of cost him 200, or 100 if he paid it on the spot. The GW told him that all fines are 1/2 off if paid on the spot. Is this standard practice?

The GW and pops BSed on the phone for a while and dad didn't get a ticket, but the paying on the spot sounds a little fishy to me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not fishy.
The new reg allows for a field fine, or something like that. I don't know the exact wording on this, but it is what it is.
Reason is that if a GW tickets somebody it goes to court in the county of the offense, the county pockets the fine. ODW gets squat.
A field fine goes directly to general revenues for the ODW.

My issue with the story is that what is illegal about a gun case being in a vehicle on a WMA after the 9 day deer gun season? It could have housed a shotgun for upland game, etc.
The GW was searching for a confession or something....

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should have elaborated, the GW called my dad and said he seen his truck parked on the road by public land, then he told him rifle season was only open the first 9 days, and then he asked if my dad was hunting with a bow or rifle, my dad admitted to using a rifle, and then the GW informed him that he seen the rifle case in his truck.

I'm glad to know his proposal is legit, theres enough crooked cops out there, I'd like to hope one of my areas only GWs isn't corrupt

Latest posts

Top Bottom