Excess inventory of used firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This was posted on the Taurusarmed forum today:

“drove to one of Oklahoma City's largest gun stores today for the express purpose of selling a couple of firearms. (Details about the types and why I chose to sell them at a gun store instead of private sales are not pertinent to the thread.) The store's assistant manager and one of his sales reps, both of whom helped me, said that they were swamped with used firearms. They added that their biggest competitor was facing the same problem.

People are selling quality (in other words, not cheap or junk) used guns - AR-15s, AR-10s, hunting and shooting rifles, shotguns, revolvers, semi auto pistols - like they've never seen before. For all of the used guns that were on display, they had far more in storage, waiting for shelf space before being displayed.

I replied that in the world and circumstances in which we live, this was surprising. They agreed. They surmised that inflation is hitting folks harder than what is being reported. Valuables of all kinds are being sold to put food on the table, pay the bills, and keep a roof over people's heads. I reckon that if there's a silver lining to this cloud, it's that there may be some nice gun bargains out there.

The prices they quoted for my guns were so low, I politely declined and took them back home with me, with their complete understanding.

Has anyone else seen anything similar in your area?

See less”

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was posted on the Taurusarmed forum today:

“drove to one of Oklahoma City's largest gun stores today for the express purpose of selling a couple of firearms. (Details about the types and why I chose to sell them at a gun store instead of private sales are not pertinent to the thread.) The store's assistant manager and one of his sales reps, both of whom helped me, said that they were swamped with used firearms. They added that their biggest competitor was facing the same problem.

People are selling quality (in other words, not cheap or junk) used guns - AR-15s, AR-10s, hunting and shooting rifles, shotguns, revolvers, semi auto pistols - like they've never seen before. For all of the used guns that were on display, they had far more in storage, waiting for shelf space before being displayed.

I replied that in the world and circumstances in which we live, this was surprising. They agreed. They surmised that inflation is hitting folks harder than what is being reported. Valuables of all kinds are being sold to put food on the table, pay the bills, and keep a roof over people's heads. I reckon that if there's a silver lining to this cloud, it's that there may be some nice gun bargains out there.

The prices they quoted for my guns were so low, I politely declined and took them back home with me, with their complete understanding.

Has anyone else seen anything similar in your area?

See less”
Yep all collectible stuff is being dumped by people who are needing cash and fancy guitars and guns have been over valued in recent years

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now is the time to be buying, gents. Weird times, weird times for sure.

There may be a bump in Nov when they cheat again and install Harris in Jan. But, most enthusiasts are already stocked to the brim. I mean, I wants lots more guns, but how many do I NEED? N + 1.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now is the time to be buying, gents. Weird times, weird times for sure.

There may be a bump in Nov when they cheat again and install Harris in Jan. But, most enthusiasts are already stocked to the brim. I mean, I wants lots more guns, but how many do I NEED? N + 1.
I’ve been asked the same old question. “ How many do you need?”

The answer is, it’s not a matter of need, it’s what I want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom