Experience of OC Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shawnee mall has recently put up signs saying no firearms allowed. They have the signs up at the entrance to the parking lot when you first drive in and they also have them on their doors!! I cannot believe that they went that far as to put up that many signs. I talked to the manager and he said it wasn't his decision and that the owners thought that was the best thing to do. I voiced why it is better to allow for law abiding citizens to be able to carry but it didn't do any good. They have never had signs up before. I hope that you guys are right about after a while people will probably remove their signs but I just don't see them doing it. Before to long we won't be able to carry anywhere. What would happen if I was to carry somewhere like the mall that had signs up and I legally shot someone? Would I go to jail or lose my license because I was carrying even though they have gunbuster signs up? I have been thinking about this lately. I remember back in the 90's I think that there was this lady in Texas I believe that went to eat at a Luby's with her parents and they had a gunbuster sign up so she went and put her gun in the car. When she came back in to eat someone came in and started killing people. Her parents ended up being killed. Had she of ignored the sign she could have saved her parents and other peoples lives. To me it is worth carrying anyway to know that I can protect my wife and son. It just ain't worth chancing.

Shawnee Mall sucks anyway. No big loss there.

toe

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shawnee mall has recently put up signs saying no firearms allowed. They have the signs up at the entrance to the parking lot when you first drive in and they also have them on their doors!! I cannot believe that they went that far as to put up that many signs. I talked to the manager and he said it wasn't his decision and that the owners thought that was the best thing to do. I voiced why it is better to allow for law abiding citizens to be able to carry but it didn't do any good. They have never had signs up before. I hope that you guys are right about after a while people will probably remove their signs but I just don't see them doing it. Before to long we won't be able to carry anywhere. What would happen if I was to carry somewhere like the mall that had signs up and I legally shot someone? Would I go to jail or lose my license because I was carrying even though they have gunbuster signs up? I have been thinking about this lately. I remember back in the 90's I think that there was this lady in Texas I believe that went to eat at a Luby's with her parents and they had a gunbuster sign up so she went and put her gun in the car. When she came back in to eat someone came in and started killing people. Her parents ended up being killed. Had she of ignored the sign she could have saved her parents and other peoples lives. To me it is worth carrying anyway to know that I can protect my wife and son. It just ain't worth chancing.

I am not a lawyer, but here is how it might play out:

Charged with trespassing for ignoring the business owners wishes (depends on how trespass laws are worded in your locality). If you are charged with trespass, you might not be able to claim self defense under stand your ground because you were somewhere you were not legally allowed to be (hence the trespass charge).

What a DA might end up charging you with....who knows.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Why do you wear a gun? Were you shot at or attacked?"

"Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”

toe

@toehanus

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped to get gas this morning and I was OC . Guy on the next pump walked over and shook my hand and told me thank you for exercising my 2A right. Turned out he was a Vet ( he did not say what war ) .

Latest posts

Top Bottom