Experience of OC Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cool. I was just checking as I was wondering how they took it. Guess it's a non-issue. Thanks for the response.

Yeah, found out this evening the local rag wants to feature us in their carry story, as the first (hopefully not only) pro-2A business in town. Though I'm curious to know how we'll be portrayed by the (sometimes) liberal reporters.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an update on the pharmacy visit the other day. I went back two days later and they had put up a sign saying no weapons allowed. Its not on the door its inside the pharmacy. If this is what is going to happen now I wish OC didnt pass. It is defeating the purpose.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an update on the pharmacy visit the other day. I went back two days later and they had put up a sign saying no weapons allowed. Its not on the door its inside the pharmacy. If this is what is going to happen now I wish OC didnt pass. It is defeating the purpose.

Just like when concealed carry passed, signs went up out of fear. Eventually the came back down. The same will happen with open carry. If you feel up to it, talk to the manager and find out why they posted. Maybe you can educate them and they will take the sign down. You can also print out this letter and give them. If they just don't want open carry, you could try and get them to put up signs that say "Concealed Carry Only".

If it is a CVS, all bets are off. CVS has a corporate policy to prevent firearms in states where they are allowed to do so.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually know the man that owns the pharmacy. I have been going there for over 20 years. I am going to talk to him. And if he wont take it down he is losing my business.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us knew this is what would happen... Yet the pro-OC crowd cries foul. Never have the words 'reap what you sew' been more relevant to a topic of present.

It's attitudes like this that allow restrictive laws to be passed.

In a free country, where we value liberty, I like the option to choose to carry and how I will carry. Just like businesses like the option to choose how to limit their patronage. I support their doing so, and I also enjoy the ability to not frequent their establishment.

As you said, this is the epitome of reaping what you sew. If you single out people in a negative way you tend to lose that business. It may not seem like much, but I'd hazard a guess that there are more people out there that would be offended by the sign than just those carrying openly. One thing to keep in mind, people who chose not to carry at all and those who choose not to carry openly may still be offended by these signs based on the perceived prejudice and limiting of rights and choose to shop elsewhere.

sugarshane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's several of these threads so I just picked this one to post in. I got a chance today to thank the store director at Reasors in Broken Arrow (71st & Lynn ln). It started out as a total cluster at the register (over pricing, not OC) and ended with me being able to speak with the manager and tell him thank you. It was nice to end on a positive note, instead of handing over one of those cards and trying to explain why I'm not shopping there any longer. I let him know that I (and I'm sure others) appreciated their decision and that many of us have been carrying concealed in the store for quite some time anyway. He told me that they discussed it at length and ultimately decided not to put up signs. Good experience today. CVS on the other hand is already on my boycott list and I hope I don't have to add many more.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Shawnee mall has recently put up signs saying no firearms allowed. They have the signs up at the entrance to the parking lot when you first drive in and they also have them on their doors!! I cannot believe that they went that far as to put up that many signs. I talked to the manager and he said it wasn't his decision and that the owners thought that was the best thing to do. I voiced why it is better to allow for law abiding citizens to be able to carry but it didn't do any good. They have never had signs up before. I hope that you guys are right about after a while people will probably remove their signs but I just don't see them doing it. Before to long we won't be able to carry anywhere. What would happen if I was to carry somewhere like the mall that had signs up and I legally shot someone? Would I go to jail or lose my license because I was carrying even though they have gunbuster signs up? I have been thinking about this lately. I remember back in the 90's I think that there was this lady in Texas I believe that went to eat at a Luby's with her parents and they had a gunbuster sign up so she went and put her gun in the car. When she came back in to eat someone came in and started killing people. Her parents ended up being killed. Had she of ignored the sign she could have saved her parents and other peoples lives. To me it is worth carrying anyway to know that I can protect my wife and son. It just ain't worth chancing.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OC'd today for the first time. It was pretty much the non-event of the year. Went to Atwoods to get a Christmas present for my brother. Walked around the store for 15-20 minutes. I don't think a single person even noticed that I was carrying. Most people, whether they care or not, are totally oblivious to everything that is going on around them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom