Experience of OC Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the television stations already contacted Walmart about its open carry policy. As stated above, Walmarts policy is to follow state law. Individual store managers are not authorized to single out anything different for their store. Basically the same for the ammunition sales. Some store managers try to stop sales of ammo after 10pm, even though there is no state restriction on such sales. Usually if problems can't be resolved with the store mamager, then a complaint to the District manager or 1-800 Walmart will solve such problems. My local superstore management & loss prevention supervisor [a woman] had no problem at all with my open carrying.

Last edited:

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy hearing the positive OC stories. I've only OC'd round the yard. Don't think I'll OC in public simply because my style of wardrobe would require tucking the shirt in, something I can't stand doing, to make it work with a holster. And with all the gunbuster signs going up it's in my part of OKC it's more hassle than it's worth.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is exactly the comment that made me question the post. I didn't OC to get attention because like everyone keeps saying..most hardly notice. I do think positive interactions if I decide to OC are far better than the public running into these "attention people" you reference.

I would be curious to know if you actually have a license to carry and of course I went to places I could have concealed because nothing really changed in that regard.

If you have not been there yet, try opencarry.org. Their reason for existence is open carry.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe it was 1974 when Okla last had OC. I wasnt even old enough to own a pistol then and here I am 53 years old!

If I remember right, it was 1971.. not '74. It has been about 41 yrs since OC was available to Oklahomans. It was sure a shame that it was stopped. Before OC and CC was stopped... wives who were separated from their abusive husbands could carry for their protection. It had stopped a lot of vicious beat downs. Then when the women couldn't carry anymore, that is when the worthless restraining orders and women's shelters became the rage. Over the years I've seen some women beaten half to death by worthless pieces of mankind. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if now with the more lax gun laws, that some of these wife beaters get a little street justice. If I was serving on a jury, I wouldn't have to leave the box to make my 'not guilty' decision.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I stated in post 29, I do think the OP handled things well. But since the direction of this post has gone haywire I'll throw two cents in also. If you do OC, just maintain professionalism and dignity since you are openly representing all of us...all 2A folks. I'll keep reminding everyone that when you OC you may annoy, scare or intimidate others. And my fear is that the folks that are riding the fence on their feelings about gun control could be pushed solidly to the control side by OC in general but the chances are greater if you act unpleasant.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little walmart insider info from when I worked there (tire shop mainly)....Yes they conform to state laws and cant restrict rights of the CUSTOMERS....However they do not allow employees to carry a firearm. I am guessing that is where the man got the idea of no guns in the store.

NOW BACK TO YOUR NORAMAL PROGRAMING

Latest posts

Top Bottom