Experience of OC Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last couple days I went out sort of semi-open, but today, it was all the way OC. My wife and I went to Walmart in Norman for about an hour this evening to do a little shopping. The whole time I was closely watching for any reactions from anybody, but there wasn't any. No women or children ran away shrieking in fear at the sight of me being armed, no SWAT team, no stares, glares, or even double takes. I really don't think anybody even noticed me carrying and the place was fairly busy at the time. When we got back in our truck, I mentioned to my wife how surprised I was that nobody seemed to even notice the pistol, and she said "you had your gun out in the open?" she hadn't even noticed it herself. I'm not sure if my feelings should be hurt or not about that. :saywhat:

BTW, For awhile today I did feel a little "exposed" if you know what I mean. It's a strange feeling walking around and not being paranoid about someone seeing my weapon on me. As for the gun buster signs I personally haven't seen any anywhere.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little walmart insider info from when I worked there (tire shop mainly)....Yes they conform to state laws and cant restrict rights of the CUSTOMERS....However they do not allow employees to carry a firearm. I am guessing that is where the man got the idea of no guns in the store.

NOW BACK TO YOUR NORAMAL PROGRAMING

They can on their own property. They have the right to restrict but they choose to follow local laws in this regard.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unintended open carry story.(it's a good thing)Went to reasors.It was sorta crowded(all the weekender-lake trash)Every isle I went down,the other people were quick to yield to my desire to get whatever item i was reaching for.At the check out line I was asked if I wanted to go ahead since I only had a handfull of items.(this doesn't usually happen in this perticular store when the weekeders blow into town)
I said no thanks of course.:anyone:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unintended open carry story.(it's a good thing)went to reasors.it was sorta crowded(all the weekender-lake trash)every isle i went down,the other people were quick to yield to my desire to get whatever item i was reaching for.at the check out line i was asked if i wanted to go ahead since i only had a handfull of items.(this doesn't usually happen in this perticular store when the weekeders blow into town)
i said no thanks of course.:anyone:

roflmao....

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's because Norman has a small town feel or because the Norman PD went out of its way to inform its citizen but I have a good experience every place I been OCing. I did CC in Toys R Us today because my son wanted to spend his hard earned allowance there. Other than that I've been OCing.
I first OC'd on Friday night. I went to Norman with my wife and son and our first stop was Toys R Us. I walked up to the door and low and behold there was a no guns allowed sign on the door. So I had to turn around and put my pistol in the car. I wasn't to thrilled with that because everyone saw me walk up there with my gun and then turn around and have to put it in my car. I won't go there again because of it. Went to the pharmacy yesterday and the girl at the counter looked down at my gun and then back up at me and didn't say a word. It went great there. Today I wore it to Walmart here in Shawnee and I didn't get one look. I am starting to get used to it. At first I was nervous. I even had butterflies. But all in all it has been a good experience. I won't OC all of the time but every once in a while.

y_not

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'll be honest I've CC for a while and planned on not OC until the "new" wore off but today I decided to OC. My wife and kids and I went to town and the first 2 places ---- nothing and I mean no looks no comments. No nothing. We had to run to Walmart and I figures well here we go now for the hassle. But nothing bad, one associate told me I was the first OC he'd seen and was debating on testing the waters himself. One lady saw noticed my OC and couldn't help but give an awkward look but me and my kids ran into her a little later in another isle and we were talking and laughing and the lady smiled and looked at us more normal like nothing about us as any different than anybody else. She didn't look uncomfortable at all. She even helped me find a certain product. I kinda felt like me and my kids may have changed her outlook about OC. So if everybody puts forth the effort I think the public will more openly accept OC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom