Experts: Mystery contrail was from Chinese missile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Airport radar doesn't pick up objects... it is a receiver that picks up the signal produced by the transponders in the airplanes which identify them and provide information about speed, direction, altitude and aircraft type and ID.

Standard civilian airport radar does not pick up aircraft without transponders or missiles (which also do not have transponders).

Well, I knew that about the transponders, but don't they also have pure radar systems as a back up?
Many airports have reported, and tracked UFO's and I'm sure they don't carry transponders.

Also, we have spy satelites that can detect any missile launch from what I understand.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Airport radar doesn't pick up objects... it is a receiver that picks up the signal produced by the transponders in the airplanes which identify them and provide information about speed, direction, altitude and aircraft type and ID.

Standard civilian airport radar does not pick up aircraft without transponders or missiles (which also do not have transponders).

Not true. Most radar installations are made up of two components; the primary and secondary. The primary (large dish) picks up skin reflections, the secondary (a small unit under the primary) interrogates the transponders. A few years ago I was coming to Tulsa and my transponder died. They asked me to make a couple of turns to verify me on the primary and then cleared me in.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been flying around in the upper atmosphere for over 30 years and have seen contrails do some strange things. Your perspective and the angle you are viewing can have an impact on what you see. I have not seen any video and just one picture, but could have been anything. Maybe the UFO's are back to collect their losers in the last election.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are pix of this contrail? If so, and someone knows where to find, could u post with the contrail orientated as would be seen from terra firma? Also, I missed this when it's supposed to have happened.....anyone know a date? And where did it allegedly come down? Or did it go into orbit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom