FAL Magazine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently came to have Century R1A1 in my possession, and I am looking to get some spare 20 round magazines for it. I understand, from what I have read, that surplus magazines are the way to go. However they tend to be very expensive as magazines go. In my e-mail today, I saw that CDNN was selling FN FAL Metric magazines that are newly manufactured by DSA Inc.

www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/fnfal-20rd-metric-dsa-mag.html#.Vbx4_PnrRiY

I have read that these magazines were not that good in the past, but does anyone know how the new magazines fit and function? If these are not the magazines to get, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much,

Jonathan

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look around local stores, gun shows they were only $5 or so a couple years ago. unbelievable they have all dried up so fast. go surplus if possible. new ones are junk from reviews. I'm sure in the vastness of OSA there are several people with a closet full that will be chiming in that they will be happy to part with a few.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just a few moths ago centerfiresystems had their ding/dent metric 20rd mags for $7 each. I bought about 10 of them and they all feed fine. I wouldn't spend more than $10 each, just be patient and you will find a deal. If you don't want to be patient, DSA is the way to go on anything new FAL. Gunthings.com for anything used or hard to find.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also might want to double check if the upper receiver is inch or metric...most centuries were metric cut but some were inch and if yours happens to be then it will take both inch and metric mags making your search a little bit easier.

Look in your mag well, If the receiver is cut for inch pattern magazines there will be rectangular recess milled into it. if it is cut for metric mags it will be wedge shaped. these will give you a better idea of the shapes to look for.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inch mags are hard to find and more expensive than the metric. And original surplus Fal mags of any flavor have pretty much dried up so the price is up. Same goes for the PSL mags.

And yes, I have a box full of new in wrap Austrian STG58 Fal metric mags I bought 10 years ago. Always buy cheap and stack em deep.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I knew about the mag deal a few months back, but I didn't have the weapon then. Most sites have the surplus magazines at $20-30+. $14 is the cheapest I have found, and it is for the DSA mags. The supply of cheap surplus magazines simply does not exist right now, at least that I can find. In trying to set of anyone had any experience with these new DSA magazines or could point me to a deal they would be comparable

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local gun shows have been hit or miss at $15-$20 each. Seems like they've dried up quite a bit, with small batches showing up in waves from private sellers.

As was mentioned, make sure of what you've got; an inch mag will work for the most part in a metric rifle, but a metric mag won't work in an inch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom