Falconry coming to Woodward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems that church, the grocery store, and the book store aren't the only places to meet lovely ladies...

I wonder how many guys going to Woodward this time will even look at the birds ;)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm well, when the birds come out of the hood, the adrenaline starts pumping and the chase is on, everyone is just a Falconer. Now later on, during the night, the raffles and the beer, that's when the focus changes .....

I can believe it :naughty:

So how do you manage to get such incredible photos of hawks coming in for the kill? Such as the photo of the rabbit crossing the railroad tracks, with the hawk right behind. I'm guessing the answer will be along the lines of "Many years, thousands of photos, the occasional perfect angle...."

Do you ever have a hawk break its leg or wing while swooping down on its prey? Coming so close to a big piece of iron looks like such incidents could happen.

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you ever have a hawk break its leg or wing while swooping down on its prey? Coming so close to a big piece of iron looks like such incidents could happen.

Believe it or not the number one breaker of bones is wire, guide wires, fence wires, support wires.

The birds can catch rabbits in farm equipment, rail road tracks, culverts, junk yards and just about anywhere with out harm, some times it sounds painful when they whack a rabbit doing 60 mph but they are fine.

In the picture below the hawk hit that fence and caught that rabbit at a full stoop, 40-50 mph.

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i71_Titaniumtalons_TexasHawking03_01_2008037.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom