Fallin Says 10 Commandments Will Stay Regardless of Courts Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/ten-commandments-...capitol-gov.-mary-fallin-says/article/5432223

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Gov. Mary Fallin says a Ten Commandments monument will remain on the Capitol grounds while legislators and the state's attorney general fight an order from Oklahoma's highest court to have it removed.

Fallin released a statement Tuesday saying the monument won't be moved while Attorney General Scott Pruitt seeks a rehearing on the case and legislators seek to repeal an amendment to the state constitution.

The Oklahoma Legislature won't be back in session until February, and any amendment to the constitution would have to be submitted to a vote of the people.

Fallin says she does not intend to ignore the state courts or their decisions, but her spokesman Alex Weintz says she is giving the other two co-equal branches of government "a chance to weigh in on the issue."

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I want to know is what does the reps and senators do until February? Collect a paycheck and that's it? Maybe I need to run for office. But I don't have a Problem with this. But I am a Christian too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now GlockCop is going to have to spend his remaining days before retirement high stepping around the monument in his jack boots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom