Family First

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As much as it sucks not to be able to spend time with the family I'm sure that they'll (your family) will understand your work obligations. Make it a point to enjoy the free time you do have with them. Remember, you have own family that you're responsible for and leaving a job because you're upset is a heavy decision and one that you may later regret.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As much as it sucks not to be able to spend time with the family I'm sure that they'll (your family) will understand your work obligations. Make it a point to enjoy the free time you do have with them. Remember, you have own family that you're responsible for and leaving a job because you're upset is a heavy decision and one that you may later regret.

Except that I'm just a mere contractor here... It's not like I get paid time off anyway or benefits for that matter. The only way I'd regret leaving this place is if it took me forever to find another gig elsewhere... That's why I simply can't do it.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read that you were a contractor. I'm not sure what it takes for you to secure another contract but if it's a process that takes time then I'd approach the decision of leaving carefully. I know how it sucks to have family come in and not being able to spend as much time with them as you'd want. I'm certain that they understand your situation. Enjoy the time with them that you can. That's what matters.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've already stated that you feel sick. So, make sure everyone at work notices, then induce vomiting. I would think blowing chunks in the lobby/cafeteria/bosse's office would probably get you sent home!

Notice: I'm just joking. Faking sick would of course be unethical.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Long story short. I just went over my boss' head to her boss. Sounds like my boss wasn't exactly honest in detailing the situation with her bosses. They're freaking and it looks like I'm going to get the rest of the time off.

I gotta go!!! bye!!!

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I had to come to work yesterday and today. So far I have half of Wednesday of next week off and all of Thursday and Friday. It's better than what I had but it's still not great.

Sucks that my family is sitting at my house right now and that they will be doing that on Monday and Tuesday as well. The worst part is that I really haven't accomplished anything today out of a lack of motivation due to the circumstances... The truth is, if I weren't here today, it wouldn't be a problem. But for some reason, being at home with family would be a problem.

Just so friggen angry but trying not to think about it. I want out of this contract position so bad!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom