1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Favorite airplane?

Discussion in 'Gearheads' started by adamsredlines, Jan 18, 2018.

1. RVCooper

RVCooper Marksman

1947 Ercoupe - brought home in pieces and brought back to life by my son and I.

Attached Files:

DRC458, xseler and Chief Sapulpa like this.
  2. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    According to this website there are only 4 B-36’s on display -- Saw 3 of them -- Past by the Castle Air Museum in California, should have stopped.

https://www.airplanesofthepast.com/b36-survivors.htm

According to this website:

http://johnweeks.com/b36/index.html

The B-36 at Chanute AFB was moved and now is on display at the Castle Air Museum in California -- it also reads that the aircraft was taken apart and moved by rail !!!!!!

3. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I got to see one of those up close. Years ago, a buddy who works in composites heard there was one at Max Westheimer in Norman, and he dragged me out there to see it. Way cool bird.

4. GLGAR

GLGAR Marksman

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    B 70 Valkyrie is my favorite. I worked for North American Aviation in Tulsa on the Apollo program in the 60’s and some of the engineers there had worked on the B 70. Their story was it had the nick name The Savior because every one who saw it for the first time said “OH MY GOD”

Engineman1960 and xseler like this.
  5. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That's a great story!!

6. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    My top 3 since there are so many cool ones.

B1 Lancer
    F15 Falcon
    F4 Phantom

7. davek

davek Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was a passenger in one of those at one time. Very fun. Yours looks about 1000 times better than the one I was in.

8. RVCooper

RVCooper Marksman

It's got a 50 ft paint job on it but all the good mods are done. Lots of fun and soon to be for sale!

9. ICanFixIt

ICanFixIt Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Boeing 707 has been mentioned a couple of times, but nothing has been said about its most important flight(s). There were many of them, but they were all called the same thing: Freedom Bird!!! They were taking GI's back to the world. Mine was a Pan Am 707, and it was the most beautiful airplane I have ever seen.

DRC458, Snattlerake and Engineman1960 like this.
  10. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The venerable Boeing B-52 Stratofortress. Just think, the BUFF has been in service since 1955! They stopped production in 1963 and only built 744 of them. 58 are still in active service with 30 in reserve and storage. I saw one go over the house today! I heard the unmistakable rumble of a for sure big ole military aircraft, looked up and knew I would see the B-52. Just like you can tell a Huey from all other helicopters by their wop wop wop sound beating the air into submission. There are stories of grandfather, father and son flying the B-52 in combat.
    BUFFs even carried the X-15 as a testbed launching platform.

The B-52 is capable of carrying 70,000 pounds of death almost 9,000 miles without refueling. The air force has projected a life expectancy into the 2050's!

[​IMG]

In 1964, severe turbulence sheared off a B-52 rear stabilizer and the plane landed safely even after many hours in the air having to fly back and forth to different airfields.
    https://www.barksdale.af.mil/News/Features/Display/Article/322393/ripped-off-the-story-of-no-61-023/

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/news/a27584/b-52-landed-without-a-tail-fin/

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/48295

[​IMG]