Favorite targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KmacDiesel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased one of the "big gong show" targets and was wondering what is everyone's favorite plinking targets or just targets in general. What are your thoughts and experiences with the "jacks" or the self healing targets that move around as you shoot them?

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are ok, I bought one last summer and my 'crack shot' of a mom put a zinger right through the metal post....after me shooting it for an hour and her for 1 mag. Other than that, it seals well and it will swing with a well placed shot. We shot .22 and 5.56 at it and it did fine. Left pin size holes at most.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowling pins are fun...

+1 on bowling pins. Water filled gallon milk type jugs work also. Gives a positive feedback when hit.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_16_dehady7a.jpg

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
onions (cheap and awesome when hit by anything > .22LR)
watermelons
2-liter sodas
shaving/whipped cream cans
potatoes

tried a number of others, some of the more disappointing were:
eggs
coconuts
pineapples
pumpkin (unless filled with water, then they're pretty awesome)
tomatoes
stuffed animals

Somewhere on my computer I have photographic evidence of all these and more. Yes, we cleaned up the non-edibles after each session.

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Styrofoam mannequin heads used to hold wigs. Cut the top off, hollow out a pocket and fill with a ziploc bag of fake blood. Then duct tape the top back on. Makes for some interesting shooting. Next I'm going to fill that pocket with tannerite. :-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom