Ferris Mowers, worth the cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This one is a demo, and $6k off even.
Screenshot_20240823_072801_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240823_072736_Facebook.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say if you’re making a living off a mower the cost becomes less relevant due to the fact that quality tends to come with added price, but for a homeowner, a Hustler Raptor at a fraction of that cost will cut grass.

I know a bunch of people in the lawn care business, and none of them use Ferris mowers. Most around here use Exmark, Scag, Hustler, or Titan.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Grasshopper with a Kubota diesel and a 72" deck, best thing I ever bought. Can mow my 2.5 acre yard in about 2 hrs and it burns about 15 gallons of diesel for the whole mowing season.

I ran two Grasshoppers years ago when they first came out. Great machines, best dumping grass catcher design the market in my opinion, one had the catcher on it and one didn’t. The one with the catcher was a diesel too. I ran them for many years as I was mowing bout 6 acres around a home we lived in back then.

I run two big zero turns where we are at now, a Hustler and a Gravley. My back is old and damaged so have been looking into suspension seats for both of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom