Finally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overheard my wife telling another person the other day she feels like she needs some protection.
She is always gone shopping in OKC, Tulsa, and Wichita, sometimes by herself.
I keep telling her about things that happen, and I guess it finally sunk in.

Heading for OKC tomorrow to hit Wilshire guns, and H&H to let her handle and shoot them.

She can't rack the slide on my Kahr with the heavy spring. P3AT same issue.
Does OK with the M&P competition gun, but it has a reduced recoil spring.

Thought about a Revo, but I'd like to see her with more rounds available as no matter how much I plead, its going into the purse and will get minimal use at the range unless a spark ignites and it becomes a fun thing to do.

Double action, no grip safety's , no hammer cock, no slide safety, night sights and a lazer will be installed. Pull it and shoot it.

Thinking with enough no-thinking accessories, and minimal practice, she might be as good to go as I can make it.

Any other thoughts?

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like M&P, no experience with any reduced springs BUT if you get a full size 9 or 40 I might have a laser grip for it (ok I actually have a laser grip lol)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say skip the laser. They are good for training to see how bad you're jerking the trigger, but when it comes to real world SHTF, you need to be shooting, not wasting time looking for a dot on a moving target before you pull the trigger. I don't believe a bit of the commercial hype that "when the perp sees the dot on his chest, it strikes fear in his heart". I think if the perp sees the fear in the face of the person holding the gun, that dot doesn't mean a thing.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fyrtwuk, thank you! The laser is a great trainer, but it becomes a talisman and then an albatross because people quit training. Oh yeah, people don't stare at their chest when they break into your house. If your wife can pull the DA trigger on a wheel gun Dennis, its a good option. If you want to go semi, look at the PK380 if she has trouble working the slide. If you go to Wilshire, come and say hi. Our store is only a couple miles from there. Drag George with ya!

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If she can work the slide, you might want to look at the SIG P239 SAS Gen2 in 9mm. My experience with SIGs is that they are reliable, easy to shoot and can be carried reasonably well. Another option without going to a striker fired gun is the SIG P290RS. I have zero time with one but have heard a couple of good reviews on them.

Lot of options on the wheel gun side. Whichever one she can point and shoot the best is the one.

Have fun shopping!

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had trouble with the slide, tried a Sig 938 and loves it, but it is not DA. One nice feature is the ability to leave the safety on and rack the slide when unloading.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the tip-up barrel and DA/SA action,,,
www.deactivated_guns.co.uk_images_Beretta_2084_84_5.jpg

This might be the gun for her.

If you can find one that is.

Get her a Gun Toten Mamas purse and practice with it.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom