Finished Enfield Sniper Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well done. Thanks for the pics. i am in the process of restoring an enfiled i inherited in pieces. i found what looks like a sling link with an extended center screw. i see something similair on your rifle in front of the magazine. What is it's purpose? for sling ?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well done. Thanks for the pics. i am in the process of restoring an enfiled i inherited in pieces. i found what looks like a sling link with an extended center screw. i see something similair on your rifle in front of the magazine. What is it's purpose? for sling ?

The trigger guard swivels just provided a more stable sling-aided shooting platform. If you want to sell your's feel free to let me know. I wouldn't mind having a spare on hand.

panayoti01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
interesting. i have a rear sight i am trying to figure out. also have a floppy trigger. i will be sending you pics with more questions. i also figured out that the pice of wood that looks like a cheek piece is for the smle.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting. i have a rear sight i am trying to figure out. also have a floppy trigger. i will be sending you pics with more questions.

Feel free to send me the photos by pm and I'll take a look and see if there is anything that you're missing. If you are ever in the OKC area and need help putting everything back together, just let me know.

It sounds like you may have a No 4 MK I rather than a MK II which does not have a pinned trigger. After the trigger / triggerguard assembly is reinstalled you shouldn't have any issues with the floppy trigger. Also, if your triggerguard screw does not have an oval or angled loop on it, it is most likely just the standard triggerguard (action) screw with a spacer that prevents the screw from being overtightened and compressing the wood. There is a cutout in the stock where the spacer can be seated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom