Firearms Instructor Development Course, Tulsa, Sept

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rangemaster Three-Day Firearms Instructor Development & Certification Course
primary instructor, Tom Givens

This is an intensive full three day (24 hours total) course that teaches candidates:
modern adult learning theory;
preparation, delivery, and documentation of training;
development of training aids, including power points and others;
coaching methodologies, diagnosing and correcting shooters’ errors;
modern, effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress;
proper handling/operation of a variety of handgun types; and
effective, efficient combat marksmanship techniques.

The course time is divided about equally between classroom sessions and range firing, and each student will fire approximately 1,000 rounds of ammunition. Students will act as coaches for other students, and each will be coached extensively in turn. Students also receive a 170+ page training manual, which is a valuable information and reference resource. To graduate from this course, students must pass a shooting qualification, pass a written examination, and conduct a brief presentation in the classroom on an assigned topic. This course satisfies the training requirements for the Tennessee Department of Safety to become a State Certified Handgun Instructor and the Oklahoma CLEET requirements to become an OK SDA Instructor. It is recognized for 24 hours of continuing education credit for law enforcement in South Carolina.

For this course, students will need:
A serviceable sidearm,revolver or semiauto, of at least .38 Special or 9X19mm caliber ( .38 Special, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, .45 Auto);
A serviceable uniform duty or concealed carry holster, worn on the belt, of leather or kydex construction, with a covered trigger guard;
At least three magazines or speedloaders (more is better);
1,000 rounds of full power ammunition for the sidearm.

Everything else is supplied by Rangemaster. Advance registration is required. Deposits become non-refundable 30 days before class.Tuition is only $479.00.

Sept 20-22, 2012 Thursday through Saturday, 9am-6pm each day
Contact Paul Melin, [email protected]

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Location has changed to the Practical Shooting Range, McLoud, OK

Dates have been changed to 21-23 September 2012, Friday through Sunday

Call Rangemaster, 901-370-5600 to register.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys this is THE instructor class to make!!!! There are several very good instructors out there that list this class at the Top of their credentials!!!

Blackout

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I allready signed up for a different instructor course @ Eagle Rock,Mo Oct 26th + I have Range Safety Officer class that weekend.

Wish I would have known about this sooner !

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I allready signed up for a different instructor course @ Eagle Rock,Mo Oct 26th + I have Range Safety Officer class that weekend.

Wish I would have known about this sooner !

I'd woulld stongly suggest you reschedule the RSO class and take Tom's instructor class this will proly be the last time its offerd in OK for some time.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone care to share the accuracy standards? I'm seriously pondering attending, but I want to know I'm up to snuff first.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone care to share the accuracy standards? I'm seriously pondering attending, but I want to know I'm up to snuff first.

To pass the shooting portion of the class you will have to pass the FBI instructor standard, and that's a pice of cake!!!!! Plus you'll have two days of good shooting and coaching with lots of rounds down range before you have to do the test and a warm up before it. You'll do just fine man!!! And luckily Tom does not make you pass his course of fire..... it's a tad bit harder.....LOL

Pm me or email if you need more info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom