First Double on Coyotes this Year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made 3 stands before I had to get home to help the wife put away Christmas decorations and trees. Only called in this pair but it sure warmed me up. I forgot all about the cold when the first one popped out of the brush about 75 yrds out. They came in together and I had the caller and mojo puppy decoy sitting about 25 yrds in front of me. I let the first one get to the decoy and busted the other one and then knocked the runner down on the second shot at him. My son finished him off with the .243. Those were the only ones we saw. Using a Benelli M2 set up for 3 gun but I had taken the ext mag off but it went back on when I got home. Those 2 coyotes emptied the mag. Used the factory full choke and Fed 3" copper plated BBs. I started the stand with some howls on open reed calls and then had Lightning Jack playing on the foxpro. They came in real quick....probably within 2 minutes of starting the distress sound.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_12_26_12Double_zps8cca876a.jpg

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice work!!

i was wanting to get out so bad today, it would have been about just right. had the the whole day planned and worked called...agggghhhh.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay after them Preacherman. It will happen. My brother got a cat tonight. Shot it at 150 yrds. I made a few more stands this afternoon and evening and on the last one had a group howling at me pretty close. I thought it was going to be a done deal and the batteries went dead on the caller after about 30 seconds. I'm headed down to Caddo County tomorrow to see if I can round some up with a cousin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom