First Ground Up AR Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So out of the multiple AR's that I have owned I have only ever built the lowers up and always ordered complete uppers. With the release of the 2 Vets Arms Decendents of Sparta Lowers I decided I was going to build one of tge 3 lowers that I ordered into a rifle that I always said I wanted. I spent quite a bit of time researching and reading reviews on all of the different compenents and also writing down what pieces I did and didnt like from prior builds. Here is the list of parts that I decided on and either already have or am waiting on to be delivered. I am really looking forward to getting this rifle all put together and getting it out to the range.

The Spartan Build
Upper-
Wilson Combat Receiver
Rainer Raptor Charging Handle
Rainer Arms Select SS Barrel Matte
RGuns NiBX BCG
KIES Adjustable Gas Block
556 Tactical Stryker Comp
Midwest Industries Gen2 SS 15" Handguard

Lower-
2 Vets Arms Spartan Lower
PSA LPK
Magpul ACS-L Stock Kit
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
KNS Anti-Rotation Pin Kit

Accessories-
Magpul BUS
Magpul AFG
Eotech 556.A65
Vortex 3X Magnifier w/flip mount

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice build! I recently picked up one of the Raptor CH's and I'm really liking it. As for the trigger, are you sure you want to use KNS pins with the Geissele? There are sometimes compatability issues between the two and I've yet to see any of the Geissele pins walk or cause issues.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice build! I recently picked up one of the Raptor CH's and I'm really liking it. As for the trigger, are you sure you want to use KNS pins with the Geissele? There are sometimes compatability issues between the two and I've yet to see any of the Geissele pins walk or cause issues.

I'm going to make sure the KNS will work first, if there's a compatability issue they will go into one of the other two lowers.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you give us a breakdown of why you selected these specific parts? Are they something you've used in the past and like, or something you're wanting to try out? Is it just because of the brand/name? Stuff like this.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you give us a breakdown of why you selected these specific parts? Are they something you've used in the past and like, or something you're wanting to try out? Is it just because of the brand/name? Stuff like this.

The Hand Guard I went with because I wanted something slimmer but still has the ability to put on accessories. The 556 Tactical Stryker Comp was because of the reviews that I have been reading from sources that I trust. The Geissele trigger was because I had one in another build and I LOVE them. The rainer barrel I went with after reading multiple reviews on it, and I like the polygonal rifling in a barrel, also the 90 day satisfaction and sub moa guarantee are always a plus. As far as the eotech, I have owned Aimpoint, Vortex, and Eotech and I just like the eotech platform best. The Rainer Raptor CH I went with because I have never cared for the stock CH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom