First hand experience: S&B/IMI, 9mm & 45ACP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks gmar. Was curious about the IMI 5.56 77g as well. My twist is 1:8 and they specifically mention 1:7 in their literature so needed to ask that question next.
I shot the 77g out of a 14.5” BCM barrel that has a 1:7 twist and it was fantastic.

I now shoot the 55g out of a 12.5” or 18” Criterion with a 1:8 twist and it shoots very well.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks gmar. Was curious about the IMI 5.56 77g as well. My twist is 1:8 and they specifically mention 1:7 in their literature so needed to ask that question next.

The events I do sometimes had a 500 yard shot with maybe two hits at that distance but all of the other stages were any where from 50-300 yards with 30-50 hits.

The one stage that required a long shot was greatly outweighed by the other stages.

I came to the conclusion that the 55g shot well enough that the 77g wasn’t worth the extra cost. So unless you’re exclusively shooting long range with your AR, just go with the 55g.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry HST and keep a small stock of Hornady XTP as well. HST is a proven bullet. Speer Gold Dots and Winchester Ranger/PDX are also good to go.

I have Gold Dots/Federal Fusion (they're the same bullet) for serious rifle use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom