First Thread!!! Post Up Your Rimfire Pics!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jeez I need to buy another digital camera...

Top: Bone stock 10/22, Bushnell Sportsman 4-12x40 scope
Bottom: 1960's Glenfield M75, Tasco Pronghorn 3-9x40, Boyd's laminated thumbhole stock

[Broken External Image]

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my 22WMR, got it from a member here a few weeks ago. The scope is a cheapy I had laying around, not sure what i am going to go with, but this will do for now. Haven't even shot it yet, but hope to wreak havoc on the squirrels soon.

[Broken External Image]

Thinking about doing a camo job on the stock....what do yall think?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this in the 10/22 thread, but always looking for a reason to brag on my kids.

Here is my 13 year old son's, that he redid himself. The original wood stock was too long, but would be OK in about a year, so he did not want to do anything to it in case he wanted to use it later.

We found a take off for about $30, he measured how much he needed to cut off, made a template, marked it off, and cut it down with a hand coping saw. I took a dremel with a sanding barrel to show him how to smooth it out, and let him finish it.

He then stripped it down to bare wood, primed it, taped it off and shot the base coat. He had to tape it 3 more times to get the camo effect. It is kind of thick, but he loves it. I had a little Simmons 3x9 that he mounted on it. He is looking at upgrades now, (of course), but that is what I got it for him to do.

ai514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_KellysRuger001.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this in the 10/22 thread, but always looking for a reason to brag on my kids.

Here is my 13 year old son's, that he redid himself. The original wood stock was too long, but would be OK in about a year, so he did not want to do anything to it in case he wanted to use it later.

We found a take off for about $30, he measured how much he needed to cut off, made a template, marked it off, and cut it down with a hand coping saw. I took a dremel with a sanding barrel to show him how to smooth it out, and let him finish it.

He then stripped it down to bare wood, primed it, taped it off and shot the base coat. He had to tape it 3 more times to get the camo effect. It is kind of thick, but he loves it. I had a little Simmons 3x9 that he mounted on it. He is looking at upgrades now, (of course), but that is what I got it for him to do.

ai514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_KellysRuger001.jpg

Good for him, and good for you letting him do it.

Maybe a future gunsmith in the making?

Latest posts

Top Bottom