Fixed Blade EDC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I daily carry a Microtech UDT which works in my business attire, but I want to carry a good fixed blade when I am able on weekends/nights.

I know that 4" blades are the limit (not sure if I need that long anyway) as 3" knives seem capable

Anyone daily carry a fixed blade that they would recommend and also how are you guys carrying the most efficiently?

I was thinking about a SAR 3 in Kydex but not sure yet.

Thanks!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no limit on carry length per the state, but I don't know about your particular city ordinances. If your UDT is an auto, it isn't legal to carry (for the common citizen), so that's sort of an odd stance to take. :scratch:

Busse Knives are nice, but uber expensive and INFI steel is tough, but doesn't do a great job at edge-retention (it is however, easy to sharpen). This isn't a big deal, but to compound that, most Busse knives are overly thick and don't have great cutting geometry behind the edge due to that thick blade-stock. I had an SAR3 and an SAR4 (and have carried Game Wardens with and without scales), but have since sold all my Busse knives. I don't carry for self-defense though, but if I were to consider options, there are a few out there.

If you want to stay with Busse-Kin, check out the SYKCO 311 or 411 (I prefer SR101 to INFI personally). The Spyderco Street Beat is a good option for SD (Fred Perrin is pretty well known in the knife fighting community). The MuleTeam project knives are super-slicers.

You've got the ESEE 3/4 and the Becker Tweener knives (I currently own a BK16 and love it). The ESEE Izula is a great lightweight smaller option.

Blind Horse Knives broke into two companies LT Wright and Battle Horse knives and I've been thinking of picking one up.

I won't really buy an Ontario Knife or a Bark River, for personal reasons due to their business dealings, but they both have good options if you're so inclined.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of carrying my Spyderco Mule team 13 if I can figure out a good concealed carry option that won't interfere.
That would be purely for self defense.
If carrying for a working blade, I would probably carry an Ontario Rat 3

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no limit on carry length per the state, but I don't know about your particular city ordinances. If your UDT is an auto, it isn't legal to carry (for the common citizen), so that's sort of an odd stance to take. :scratch:

Busse Knives are nice, but uber expensive and INFI steel is tough, but doesn't do a great job at edge-retention (it is however, easy to sharpen). This isn't a big deal, but to compound that, most Busse knives are overly thick and don't have great cutting geometry behind the edge due to that thick blade-stock. I had an SAR3 and an SAR4 (and have carried Game Wardens with and without scales), but have since sold all my Busse knives. I don't carry for self-defense though, but if I were to consider options, there are a few out there.

If you want to stay with Busse-Kin, check out the SYKCO 311 or 411 (I prefer SR101 to INFI personally). The Spyderco Street Beat is a good option for SD (Fred Perrin is pretty well known in the knife fighting community). The MuleTeam project knives are super-slicers.

You've got the ESEE 3/4 and the Becker Tweener knives (I currently own a BK16 and love it). The ESEE Izula is a great lightweight smaller option.

Blind Horse Knives broke into two companies LT Wright and Battle Horse knives and I've been thinking of picking one up.

I won't really buy an Ontario Knife or a Bark River, for personal reasons due to their business dealings, but they both have good options if you're so inclined.

Great input - I've thought about the 311 as well, I'm just a sucker for INFI steel.

The UDT is in my pocket unlike the way I'll be carrying the Fixed blade so that's why the different stance.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daily carry fixed blade is a Coye ridgeback in a horizontal holster in front. Works great. My wife is now carrying a little 3 finger Slaughterville Knives fixed blade. Because of the difference in belts she prefers it vertical and to the left of her centerline.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either my Ridgeback horizontally with the rubber belt loop straps or a CRKT Minimalist the same way (one strap isntead of two, though). The sheath on the Minimalist reguires a little tooling to allow you to get into the first finger groove of the knife properly but it's a fairly easy fix.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i pocket carry the esee 3 daily. bit of paracord around the belt and good to go. the pommel just sticks out of the pocket. i don't tuck in my shirt, so its usually completely concealed, not that i'm worried about concealment, it's a pocketknife, after all. not a weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom