Flood waters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you didn't float away.....looks like the county road to my ranch in Hughes county going down into the river valley....the county has to rework the road after any hard rain.....but its worth it to be out in the boondocks.
The road leading to our home is private for 3/10 mile, gravel with a very steep 100 yard hill to climb. Heavy rains do a lot of damage. Wouldn't give up living in the country for anything though either.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That third pic looks like someone upstream lost the side of a barn. Glad to hear your cabin escaped the water.

That is actually my bridge I built to get across that smaller stream. Telephone poles across the span with railroad ties for the cross pieces. At the flood’s deepest point, you couldn’t even see that bridge. I’m just glad it survived.

59ED4D0E-42B3-4A50-A9F6-B18FA9ADCE19.jpeg
282B4A5F-2B07-4BA5-B24A-ED4F246902D0.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And amazingly, I checked my food plots and they came out relatively unscathed. I had a small wash in one that wasn’t there before and another had washed in an area that had already drowned out. All in all, they are still in pretty good shape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom