Folk art wooden model cargo ship, WOW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this folk art ship for years. My uncle inherited it from my grandfather and then passed it down to me probably 20 years ago. Anyway we are trying to downsize a bit and out of curiosity I thought I would see if it might be worth anything. Holy freaking hell! I could not find one exactly like it but several that were very similar. Cheapest was around $150, most expensive was $25,000. ( I wish it was worth that much) I think I will get it cleaned up and see if I can auction it off on Ebay or something. Pretty cool really but pretty dirty and the threads have rotted and broken. I think one little piece of wood is missing but everything is is there. When I clean it up I will post a pic. Never can tell some of you may have something like it too.

EDIT: Looking at it closer and found a few more problems. Front mast is missing, 3 life boats are missing and a tiny piece of wood is missing from the bow. I am not going to attempt repairs because I would probably hurt the value more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom