Football, ESPN, and the Emmy's prove Political Correctness Doesn't Work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 30 years old and have zero interest in NFL games. I played football and enjoy watching OSU play every now and again but I just have a hard time choosing to watch a game when I can be outside or working in the garage.

I'll be in Seattle next weekend and have free tickets to the game but I told the season ticket holder to give them to someone who would appreciate them. I have no interest in losing 4 hours of my day.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parking is never an issue for us. In our 48 3/4 years of marriage, the wife and I have been to a total of two concerts, one of which was in the small town where I grew up, and have never even been interested in attending any sporting events.

As for such things as the Emmy's, I don't even have the interest to watch those on TV.

But, I'll have to look up Steamheim Steamroller. Never heard of them like I have of Mannheim Steamroller.

(Sorry, Annie. I just had to do that.)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard this morning that the price for PARKING at the poorly-attended LA Chargers game was $100.

I wouldn't pay that much for a ticket! LOL

I did attend a Steelers game at Heinz stadium last year and had a great time. However, my nephew's grandparents took us. Season tickets, season parking and I have no idea what it all cost. From what I gathered, rights to season ticketed seats are literally passed on in wills and trusts. A lot of them are even considered business assets!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who has season tickets to the Titans in Nashville and I think she said the rights for her seats were around $4k, plus the cost of each ticket. And thats for the Titans. I'm sure they're squeezing even more out of more notable teams.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parking is never an issue for us. In our 48 3/4 years of marriage, the wife and I have been to a total of two concerts, one of which was in the small town where I grew up, and have never even been interested in attending any sporting events.

As for such things as the Emmy's, I don't even have the interest to watch those on TV.

But, I'll have to look up Steamheim Steamroller. Never heard of them like I have of Mannheim Steamroller.

(Sorry, Annie. I just had to do that.)

Lmao! I can always count on you to catch my boo-boos. I'll blame it on the old man since he woke me up at 2 to tell me the AC was out. Like I could do anything about it at 2 in the morning ...:grumble:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard reports and have recently seen NFL stadiums with less than sell out crowds, lots of empty seats in the 50 yard line area.

I've watched ESPN and discovered I don't give a crap about their leftist political agenda nor their leftist babble at half time.

I've watched players take a knee during the National Anthem which is their right.

Here is what I'm wondering.......Who Gives A Fawk about what the players are doing on or off the field?
I want to see some smash mouth football. That's why I used to tune in.
If they want to worship the devil, I don't care. I have a right as a viewer to turn the tv off to not watch them take a knee,(which seems to be why the base of the NFL is not coming to the games and ratings are falling) but why would the media want to promote that?
ESPN seems to want to take a liberal agenda that is having a negative influence on their business model that is supposed to make them money, yet they keep doubling down on their idiotic display of liberalism.
It doesn't make sense.

The Emmy's(anti Trump from beginning to end) had record low watching participation. Is the population taking the hollywood wanna be elite that think we really care about their opinion seriously?
It appears we aren't.
Their wannabe opinions don't hold water with most of the deplorable common folk.

:thumbup3: :clap3:

2017-09-20-43e12cb8_large.jpg

2017-09-20-a5206cca_large.jpg

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like football, but with all these anthem protests I've decided to stick with college ball. I can't watch something that disrespects our military. We have kids losing their lives everyday in support of our country....and football players can't stand to recognize that sacrifice? They say it's not about our military? How can football players tell military/retirees/vets that they don't mean any disrespect? As a Navy retiree, it's not about me. I DO however take offense for all the men/women that have given their lives for this country, and the families and friends of these individuals. I say, find another way to protest.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The elites have been pushing bread and circuses for a long time.
With rise of literacy rates, newspapers became very important for molding public opinion.
Today passive entertainment and infotainment are what the elites rely upon.

As they push the demonization propaganda too far, a backlash is starting: communication, entertainment and information sharing will follow increasingly diverse channels via the internet. Keeping pushing major networks, ESPN, Facebook and Google; the masses will turn elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom