For all you folks who missed out on the Sig P6 Surplus guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
i have both a g19 and a sig 228. Size, nearly identical, but the glock is actually much smoother, with less sharp edges. I have mecgar mags for the 228 that fit fllush and hold 15, so capacity is the same. The glock is also significantly lighter when carrying all day. Another thing to consider is that the metal finish on the g19 is way more durable than the sig's.

However, i will not be selling my sig, Lord willing, ever. It is an awesome gun. It is insanely reliable, and dead nuts accurate.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's your size difference. My P226, P225, and a G23. Even though the grips appears larger on the P226, and roughly the same as the G23 on the P225, they feel slimmer due to the fact of being more rounded than the Glock.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have both a g19 and a sig 228. Size, nearly identical, but the glock is actually much smoother, with less sharp edges. I have mecgar mags for the 228 that fit fllush and hold 15, so capacity is the same. The glock is also significantly lighter when carrying all day. Another thing to consider is that the metal finish on the g19 is way more durable than the sig's.

However, i will not be selling my sig, Lord willing, ever. It is an awesome gun. It is insanely reliable, and dead nuts accurate.

I had to look the weight up on the G19 vs. the P229 man - I didn't believe it. The 229 shows to be well heavier than the G19, so I'd guess that you're correct in that even the 228 is heavier (but with two less rounds in it, I can't imagine its that much of a difference - I don't own any 15rd mags).

I need to go find someone who still has a G19 (I sold mine to fund this Sig :D ) and see side-by-side what the difference is (or weigh them with 13 vs. 15rds) just out of my own curiosity.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had to look the weight up on the G19 vs. the P229 man - I didn't believe it. The 229 shows to be well heavier than the G19, so I'd guess that you're correct in that even the 228 is heavier (but with two less rounds in it, I can't imagine its that much of a difference - I don't own any 15rd mags).

I need to go find someone who still has a G19 (I sold mine to fund this Sig :D ) and see side-by-side what the difference is (or weigh them with 13 vs. 15rds) just out of my own curiosity.

The P228 has an alloy frame and folded slide, the P229 has the new solid forged slide, even with an alloy frame the weight is more.

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some P225 too!
ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_IMG_0153.jpg

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude - where the heck are you getting all these kick-ass grips?

ez, that 225 is a March 2004 "Gun of the Month" with a Novak's rear sight. I was told those are factory Sig grips, I also have the factory black plastic grips that came with it. The box is marked "Gun of the Month"

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
ez, where do you shoot?

I have family that lives down close to Muskogee, it'd be fun to meet and shoot some. I could bring my 228 and G19 for you to compare to.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well - Okmulgee's WMA is the closest thing (Progun40 isn't too far from there). I've been to a couple of the places around, but if I'm not heading up to Tulsa to leach off of friend's gun-club memberships, I'm usually in Okmulgee.

Maybe we should organize an Okmulgee WMA eat-and-shoot - I know there are a few folks around here who would go to that.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom