For CCW: Ruger LCP or Kel-Tec P-3AT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my understanding a wallet holster that you can shoot the firearm without unholstering is a NFA item, when you have the holster and pistol together.

Maybe some of the NFA guy's will give some input.

Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my understanding a wallet holster that you can shoot the firearm without unholstering is a NFA item, when you have the holster and pistol together.

Maybe some of the NFA guy's will give some input.

Only if it is unrecognizable as a gun (ie fully enclosed or covered and able to shoot while concealed.) Since the trigger and full slide and rear are visible it is legal.

lstdonsldr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I carry the Kel-tec P3AT and the wife carries the P32. EVERY person I have talked to at Local Gun shops all talk about how Ruger keeps having recalls on there recent guns. The LCP has had 2 recalls already. A guy I work with had one, he never had any problems, but sold it simply because he got sick of sending it in for recalls.
I have never had a problem with either of our kel-tecs, I shoot them occasionally, but a CCW isn't something you shoot a lot.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry a kel-tec pf9 as my primary carry gun. I can't speak to the quality of ruger pistols, but I can say that my kel-tec is a fine little weapon. Great quality and not one jam or misfeed in 180 rounds so far.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry the P3AT. A co-worker had a P3AT and sold it when the LCP came out. He now regrets that decision. The P3AT is a little smaller, and has a better trigger pull according to him.
I load with the corbon +P

OU68

New to the site!
Reaction score
I work in an office downtown, so only carry on errands to the store, eating out, etc. I carry the P32, have run a couple of boxes through it at the range with no jams or misfires. You might have a look at http://www.kangaroocarry.com/ as an option for the holster. I added a couple of safety pins to get the butt of the P32 up where I could access it, but is very comfortable and doesn't print in a loose fitting t-shirt.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

My husband and I are both bodybuilders so I understand the low bodyfat and workout clothes etc. We carry the Kel-tec32 for a couple of reasons. Ammo is a little easier to find then the 380 recoil is a lot less and with the rough/sharp grip on the Kel-tec that makes a big difference. He carries in the " Holdster" in his back pocket which as you see you actually shoot with it in the holster so it makes it easier for his big hands to grip such a small gun. It's also small enough to throw in a side pocket of the gym bag. I carry mine IWB about 11 o'clock for cross draw. I carry a S&W .40 in my purse but wanted something to have on my person. A gun in the purse doesn't do any good when someone grabs your purse or you can't get to your purse. Being a girl I wear some tight tops and shorts and never print.

Where can I find one of thes? I'd like to check it out or just buy it.

Grant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT with CorBon in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster in my front pocket. I did however have to finally do some clothing style changes and get rid of my Wranglers.

A side note on the P3AT - I had all kinds of feeding issues with really cheap ammo even with a fluff and buff. The gun runs fine on Winchester WinClean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom